February 12th, 2020 • Contributor: Cricut Blog Team
We’re proud to announce the launch of Cricut Joy, our newest, compact smart cutting machine available starting March 1st, 2020! While it’s been years in the making, it’s 100% worth the wait. It’s the perfect companion to any full-size cutting machine and a great way to dip your toe into DIY.
Once you get your hands on this sleek machine, you’ll no doubt be surprised that you can hold it in the palm of one hand! Its compact design might make you want to keep it displayed on your counter, but it packs away easily and sets up instantly so you can use it on command.
Cricut Joy cuts, writes, and draws for you so you can bring happiness to practical, everyday projects – from organizing your entire home to putting your personal touch on almost anything. With Cricut Joy at the ready, you’ll find endless excuses to personalize, organize, and customize every single day. That’s right, we bet you’ll step away from your inspiration boards to actually start making.
Cut popular materials perfectly. So long, scissors!
Cricut Joy cuts 50+ popular crafting materials, including vinyl, cardstock, iron-on, paper – even materials you already have at home like construction paper.
Now, it’s no biggie to make decals, cupcake toppers, cards, gift tags, school projects, sport’s team T-shirts, custom decor, and so much more. And yes, the rumors are true: Cricut Joy cuts all-new Smart Materials™ – that means super-easy cuts WITHOUT A CUTTING MAT! More on that further down.
Now you can pen a monogram, inscribe an invitation, or label just about anything with perfect penmanship. Without lifting a finger. If calligraphy is your calling, go ahead and do you. But for the rest of us, we’ll let Cricut Joy take it from here. It’s like having your own personal scribe at your side. Pick a pen or marker, choose your font, and watch Cricut Joy customize labels, cards, paper and more.
Introducing Smart Materials. Drum roll, please!
Unlike some other materials, Smart Materials don’t need a cutting mat, so you can just load and go. Sensors measure your material to ensure it’s large enough for your project, then your machine starts cutting. No cutting mats needed!
You can use Smart Materials to cut continuous shapes up to 4 ft and repeated cuts up to 20 ft* (like stars, hearts, or confetti) making it easy to decorate entire rooms in no time. It’s such a time saver not having to babysit your machine to swap out mats. *Maximum cut length requires Smart Vinyl™, 20 ft. in Black or White.
This is Cricut Joy. Design your every day.
Step away from your inspiration board, and start making. This pint-sized powerhouse makes it easier – and faster – than ever to personalize your life with practical, everyday projects.
We can’t wait to try them all, including:
- Smart Vinyl™ Permanent & Smart Vinyl™
- Removable Smart Iron-On™
- Smart Label™ Vinyl Smart Label Paper
- Cricut Joy is the perfect companion machine to Cricut Maker® or Cricut Explore Air™ 2.
- For last-minute cards, labels, and decals, Cricut Joy is your go-to.
- Cricut Joy tools & accessories.
Here’s everything you need to know about the tools & accessories made to fit this pint-size powerhouse:
- Cricut Joy Blade + Housing (included)
- Breeze through DIY projects with this all-purpose blade + housing. This duo comes with the machine, but it’s always nice to have a Replacement Blade on hand, just in case.
- Cricut Joy Card Mat (sold separately) This newly designed mat makes it fast and easy to create custom cards in minutes using pre-scored Cricut Joy Insert Cards.
- Cricut Joy StandardGrip Mat Available in 8.5” and 12” lengths, use this reusable mat to secure new Adhesive-Backed Deluxe Paper, Infusible Ink Transfer Sheets, and heavy cardstock.
- Cricut Joy LightGrip Mat With its softer release adhesive, this reusable mat is your go-to for everyday paper items you may already have at home like copy paper and light cardstock.
- Cricut Joy Pens & Markers Available in a variety of line weights and styles, use these tools in your Cricut Joy machine to write on cards, new Smart Label Vinyl & Paper, Adhesive-Backed Deluxe Paper, and more.
- Cricut Joy Tote With a padded interior for protection and custom pockets to keep you organized, use this beautiful bag to transport your Cricut Joy machine with you so you’re always ready when creativity hits.
- Cricut Joy Starter Tool Set Make Cricut Joy projects even easier with these 3 must-have tools: Spatula, Weeder, and Scraper.